Thursday, June 26, 2008

The remaining part of the conversation and the takeaways!!!!

And now the remaining part of the conversation that went on unfinished yesterday. Here is how it went:

At night PD calls up and wants to talk to me. By that time I was pretty clear how to direct it, the time was enough (nearly a 3 hour gap between both the conversations) to organize my thoughts and words. So here is how it goes:

PD: Hi have you returned back home?
Me (In a very tired voice and not in a mood to talk): Yes, finally at home after a wonderful trip.
PD: Hmmmm, so can we talk now? I can’t keep on smiling and be happy and need to talk to you.
Me: Ok go ahead, tell whatever you want to speak.
PD: Are you tired? You sound a bit dull today. (lolllzzz… I don’t understand why people keep on asking silly questions)
Me: I am fine. You just go ahead.
PD: Yes. I was telling I am very happy. Finally my life is going the way I wanted it to go. I have started focusing on my career and my personal life is also getting into a way where everything will be harmonious. Aren’t you happy hearing that my mother and dreamt of the same thing? (the same thing is marrying me…..lollllllzzzzz)
Me: Well what I feel is not so important at this point of time. Tell me have you talked to SH? (SH is her boyfriend, and both of them are committed, I seriously doubt where do I come in the picture then?)
PD: Yes I have talked. He started crying as soon as I told him regarding the conversation between me and mom. He was pleading you know that he should be given one chance and he will definitely prove him before my parents.
Me: So still after that you feel happy regarding the news?
PD: I am happy because of the fact that I and my mother think so much similar regarding my marriage. But I feel sorry for SH.
Me: See PD one thing should be clear. One can’t keep on adopting middle path. Time has come to take a call. You know he loves you so much, even after that how could you think otherwise? Either you leave him and then think about getting committed to others which is the last thing I would suggest to anybody. Else stick with him and show commitment in the relationship. As far as I am concerned I am not at all desperate to get a girl friend neither am I very eager to get married at this stage of life. I firmly believe the voice of my parents is also very much similar regarding this matter. So please stop getting so happy about trifle things. One more thing be a little bit more decisive about matters. Think what you want from your life and act like that. You are committed to somebody else then how can you think of getting married to somebody else even before giving a try to find out how your parents find SH. Personally I hate people who can’t take decisions properly. Again it’s not about what I like or dislike rather its about how can you make your life better. I hope I have conveyed my message without hurting you.
PD: I understand whatever you have told and will definitely practice them. By the way are you not happy about the news?
Me: In one harsh word, No. Things should not go the way one wants to take always. Rather events should find their way to happen in our life at a proper time and in a proper manner. PD I was sentimental and an emotional guy but that Soum has died somewhere. Life has taught me a lot in harder ways, most of the time me taking a toll of whatever happens around me. Gone are those days now. I am very particular about what I need from life and I plan for short term goals. As in my short term goals marriage is nowhere I must not give a thought to this matter. Yes I would love to get a girlfriend whom I marry later in my life, but again there as you are already committed to somebody else you are definitely not in picture. So better don’t be so happy rather think out ways to reveal the truth to your parents: The truth that you are committed to somebody else!!!!! Have I made myself clear PD?
PD (After a short silence): Yes Soum you have. Thanks for your advice. You have changed for good. Keep it up.
Me: Thanks. Any ways I need to move as I have to leave for my di’s house. Catch you later. Have a nice day. Bye.
PD: Bye.

I realize that I have become a bit harsh but telling the words at a proper time and to a proper person resolves conflicts most of the times, rather conflicts don’t even arise. I have always been a wonderful counselor when it comes to others. I found that the quality is getting honed day by day. Moreover my reach on the subjects on which I can counsel people is getting wider with every passing day. Good Soum……keep it up. Never fear to tell the truth and KISS in you conversation. (KISS: Keep it straight and simple).

No comments: