Well sorry once again folks.....writing after so many days....these bugging office hours seem to extend too long these days.
By the way I am off to home now. Posting this blog from my home sweet home. Suddenly a thought came in my mind: What is the best phase in the entire journey. That too a place you love to visit (I love to spend time with parents at home). When I gave a serious thought I started differentiating the different phases one after one:
1. Planning: First and foremost you start planning to visit a place where you love to go. You think of a suitable time, match it up with your professional schedules and finally come up with some tentative dates where you can pay visit to your loved place.
2. Execution of Plan: What I mean from this term is you book your flight tickets/train tickets for the location. Again you do a small research for the best feasible options. Finally you book your tickets.
3. Waiting for the D day of journey: Well I do not know about people, but I start a countdown after booking my tickets (that too when I visit my home, meeting my parents as well as lots of friends over there makes me feel excited). This is one phase I love. The very feeling that with every passing day the D day is coming nearer makes me happy.
4. The D day of journey: Packing shaking, and then handing over the responsibilities over the office to my subordinates and then finally BOARDING THE TRAIN/FLIGHT. With every passing hour I come nearer to my home. Wonderful feeling altogether.
5. The entire stay: Don't know why but I really wonder that after I have reached how do these wonderful few days at home gets over. I try to live every minute per minute but still by the time I realise I was at home I find I have already boarded my return flight/train. I plan to spend my days in a planned way but it never happens. Being a responsible son (at least I feel that way, being the only son of retired parents) there is always so much to talk and so much to listen but still after every visit it seems some more time should have been welcome.
6. The return journey: Do not want to describe it at all. The very feeling of same office, same work yuk, it is depressing!!! It makes me sick. Also being a guy people tell me that I should not be so emotional about good memories and relations (what the hell!!! Did I ask them ever???) Any ways work is said to be my virtue these days so have to resume it. Neither do I think much nor do I get enough time because as soon as I land at my workplace after a refreshing holiday I am gifted by more and more work. What is left behind are good old everlasting memories and a few tearful moments for my mother [can't help it, all my preachings and requests have always gone in vain!!!, Moms are like that only :-(].
Now out of all these phases the phase I love the most is the inbound journey towards home. With every passing hour I get closer to my home, I am speechless to describe the feeling. I love the entire stay also but if you ask me the best moments definitely the journey will win an upper hand over the stay. I see people asking why so? Because once I am home the days get over like blinking of eyes and I find that after the end of 4th or 5th day I am packing my stuffs again for returning back to my workplace. I indeed love to spend time with parents and hence love to come to home with every possible chance.
Spending time with parents is also a good topic to discuss. I do not know how children in this era feel about staying back at home and spending sometime with parents. Frankly telling I love to do that. Yes there is a big generation gap as well as there are differences in opinion between me and my parents. Right from having girl friend to my fashionable outfits we differ everywhere. But still it is always a treat to spend time with them because they know pretty well that however differently we think but at the end I have inherited all their virtues and values. I do admit here that I have been a very bad son of my parents (during a phase in my past, have made them worry a lot) and now I try my best to make them happy with every action of mine that can make them happy. Differences in opinions will remain, it's only about the respect and love you have for parents that takes you closer to them. May be I am a little lucky because my parents have always been like friends to me (very strict though, else would have been a spoilt brat by now :-D). One more thing I want to tell you all: At the end the goal of your parents and yours is the same - You also want to see yourself happy and they also want the same, the means can be different though at times.
Any ways I think I got diverted from topic. The topic was the best phase in the entire journey to my home and I guess I have answered it. Comments awaited from all you friends. Let me see how people react to this post!!!!!
By the way I am off to home now. Posting this blog from my home sweet home. Suddenly a thought came in my mind: What is the best phase in the entire journey. That too a place you love to visit (I love to spend time with parents at home). When I gave a serious thought I started differentiating the different phases one after one:
1. Planning: First and foremost you start planning to visit a place where you love to go. You think of a suitable time, match it up with your professional schedules and finally come up with some tentative dates where you can pay visit to your loved place.
2. Execution of Plan: What I mean from this term is you book your flight tickets/train tickets for the location. Again you do a small research for the best feasible options. Finally you book your tickets.
3. Waiting for the D day of journey: Well I do not know about people, but I start a countdown after booking my tickets (that too when I visit my home, meeting my parents as well as lots of friends over there makes me feel excited). This is one phase I love. The very feeling that with every passing day the D day is coming nearer makes me happy.
4. The D day of journey: Packing shaking, and then handing over the responsibilities over the office to my subordinates and then finally BOARDING THE TRAIN/FLIGHT. With every passing hour I come nearer to my home. Wonderful feeling altogether.
5. The entire stay: Don't know why but I really wonder that after I have reached how do these wonderful few days at home gets over. I try to live every minute per minute but still by the time I realise I was at home I find I have already boarded my return flight/train. I plan to spend my days in a planned way but it never happens. Being a responsible son (at least I feel that way, being the only son of retired parents) there is always so much to talk and so much to listen but still after every visit it seems some more time should have been welcome.
6. The return journey: Do not want to describe it at all. The very feeling of same office, same work yuk, it is depressing!!! It makes me sick. Also being a guy people tell me that I should not be so emotional about good memories and relations (what the hell!!! Did I ask them ever???) Any ways work is said to be my virtue these days so have to resume it. Neither do I think much nor do I get enough time because as soon as I land at my workplace after a refreshing holiday I am gifted by more and more work. What is left behind are good old everlasting memories and a few tearful moments for my mother [can't help it, all my preachings and requests have always gone in vain!!!, Moms are like that only :-(].
Now out of all these phases the phase I love the most is the inbound journey towards home. With every passing hour I get closer to my home, I am speechless to describe the feeling. I love the entire stay also but if you ask me the best moments definitely the journey will win an upper hand over the stay. I see people asking why so? Because once I am home the days get over like blinking of eyes and I find that after the end of 4th or 5th day I am packing my stuffs again for returning back to my workplace. I indeed love to spend time with parents and hence love to come to home with every possible chance.
Spending time with parents is also a good topic to discuss. I do not know how children in this era feel about staying back at home and spending sometime with parents. Frankly telling I love to do that. Yes there is a big generation gap as well as there are differences in opinion between me and my parents. Right from having girl friend to my fashionable outfits we differ everywhere. But still it is always a treat to spend time with them because they know pretty well that however differently we think but at the end I have inherited all their virtues and values. I do admit here that I have been a very bad son of my parents (during a phase in my past, have made them worry a lot) and now I try my best to make them happy with every action of mine that can make them happy. Differences in opinions will remain, it's only about the respect and love you have for parents that takes you closer to them. May be I am a little lucky because my parents have always been like friends to me (very strict though, else would have been a spoilt brat by now :-D). One more thing I want to tell you all: At the end the goal of your parents and yours is the same - You also want to see yourself happy and they also want the same, the means can be different though at times.
Any ways I think I got diverted from topic. The topic was the best phase in the entire journey to my home and I guess I have answered it. Comments awaited from all you friends. Let me see how people react to this post!!!!!


2 comments:
in this whole stupid world, the only people who will be with you always are your parents, ur family.. do whtever u can do for them.. liked ur post.. :)
I completely agree with you Nidhi, however I feel there is another person who should be with me throughout ups and downs and she is my better half (I am unmarried though :-D).....ideally it is taken as these are the three people whom you can trust like anything and who will never leave you alone......but being single for the time being yeah Parents are the only people who will be always with me.... thanks for liking the post.....do go through the new one (guess you will find it interesting too) Happy Reading :-)
Post a Comment