Monday, May 4, 2009

All that I need is a night of peaceful sleep and MANY MORE THINGS!!!!

Heya, never thought I would begin this month in this note. It has been quite sometime I have not uploaded anything meaningful, substantial (read articles and poems) in my blog. The posts are looking like some diary entries of some events what either surprised me or made me happy or annoyed me or embarrassed me. This one also nothing different.
Mostly I write things that annoy me the most. When I get annoyed I need to speak out the things that have annoyed me and I found blogging is the best way to take the heat out. The reason of annoyance is a little different this time. It is all about the place I am living in. Well before coming to the TOPIC let me give a brief background.
Things have been nice when I arrived at the city I am currently staying in. Placed in the Southern India and famous for Nizams and 4minar the city welcomed me with new challenges at workplace, newer places to be visited in the weekends, superb malls (I just love to visit malls not because I shop a lot but may be because of the RETAIL HANGOVER, retail being one of the favorite topic of marketing for me!!!!!) and good places to eat. To add more fun I stayed with some of my old school pals and hence got ample time to revisit the old memory lanes.
Things started changing after a few months. There are a lot of things I disliked (they will also have certain things about me which they dislike, FAIR ENOUGH) but was not able to adjust. To tell a few let me write down a few:
1. One of my pals at times does not have bath for even a couple of days. The worst part is he lays down on my bed with his sweaty body (Yuck!!!). I tried to convey my displeasure but things went in vain.
2. The condition of bathroom is really pathetic. At times they forget to flush after visiting loo or after urinating. Tried to find out who actually the bastard is and ended up finding all of them are culprits (some do not flush it at all, some do it reluctantly). The result is supreme odour at times that makes the living place hell.
3. I hate other people using some of my personal things. These include my comb, my bathing soap, my shaving system, my inner wears, my towel, my handkerchiefs to name a few. Really hate it when these assholes use some of them (mostly comb, towel, soap and kerchiefs become the preys). Have tried to tell them not to do that umpteen times but for them this "heavenly" (read hell like) sharing enhances bonding for these rascals.
4. Things are utterly mobile in our room. Being a guy who loves to keep things at their places this causes a little annoyance to me. Being such mobile when it comes to things like garments, pens, i pods, mobiles and even keys at times things really become chaotic especially when they fail to find things at utterly important times (missing keys of house and bike during office hours when they are getting late is the most popular incident).
5. I have a few constraints while going to sleep. I cannot sleep with light being switched on and any sound coming into my ears (it may range from gossiping to the high volume of television). Once I am asleep things hardly matter to me. Another thing that is important for me is a stable place where I sleep on a daily basis. 2 weeks back one of our friends who has been terminated from his services by the company he used to work with has come to stay with us. His main motto is to find a small time job in the meantime and to upgrade himself with some of IT skills. Things have really gone bad after he has come. He has occupied the place I used to sleep. I tried to sleep besides him for a couple of days but found that the "sweaty" friend of mine who has a habit of not taking bath for even a couple of days interrupting my sleep and squeezing in between both of us (can't blame him as he considers himself to be the best pal and the biggest well wisher of this friend who has lost his job). The result being I had to shift to the hall to sleep.
There is more twist than you would have expected. There is a television in the hall and one of my other friends staying here needs to watch it till late night (say around 1.00 am). Hence the result is for last one whole fortnight I have not slept well. This is taking the worst toll on my work (I am a relationship manager, most of my times gets spent in customer visits at a temperature of 44 degree Celsius when the sun is at its peak and the other time working monotonously in my laptop for the delight of these customers). I really get tired and want to sleep early but am not able to because of all this. I have tried to convey the same to my friend and things changed for a couple of days but it is again the same story getting repeated. HENCE THE TITLE WAS ALL THAT I NEED IS A NIGHT OF PEACEFUL SLEEP AND MANY MORE THINGS!!!!!
The worst part is people are pretty indifferent and arrogant. I can accept someone humbly accepting things that he is not able to do and hence causing some displeasure to someone else. But despite knowing things that are causing annoyance and still being indifferent and arrogant about them is just too much to tolerate.
Now the good news. I have got my company accommodation in the lavish guest house for the next one and half months and will be moving out soon. Looking forward for the much needed change and a relief of no more tolerating things I HATE!!!!
Sigh folks, could not help it. These things were stinking for quite sometime withing myself. Had to speak out them here in this blog. One more thing I have realised most of these friends are the ones who are oriented by self interests. Well will talk about my lesson of friendship some other day. :-)